- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anthony LaPaglia is returning to the small screen.
The Without a Trace actor has signed on to star in ABC’s Americana. The soapy drama, which hails from ABC Studios, revolves around a legendary fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia) and his family business.
The Aussie actor was a hot commodity this pilot season, with interest from both drama and comedy projects. Since Trace wrapped in 2009, LaPaglia has worked on such big screen projects as Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming spaghetti western Django Unchained.
He joins fellow castmember Natalie Mendoza, who will play the part of beautiful 30-something bitch, Wendy, in Americana. More recently, the actress best known for her work in British TV series Hotel Babylon played Arachne in the troubled Broadway musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. She was forced to depart due to an injury.
North Country scribe Michael Seitzman is attached to write and executive produce the New York-based drama alongside EPs Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper. Phillip Noyce?(Salt, Patriot Games) is on board to direct the pilot.
LaPaglia is repped by CAA, Industry Entertainment and Edelstein, Laird & Sobel.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day