- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anthony Vaccarello must have left Donatella Versace impressed after his capsule collection for Versus Versace, the Italian fashion house’s diffusion line, as he’s officially been named as the new creative director.
Following his appointment, Vaccarello will make his debut in the fall 2015 season and be responsible for all the luxury label’s menswear and womenswear collections.
“I’ve followed Anthony’s work from his very first collection, as soon as I met him I realized immediately he was the one, he gets it, his talent screams Versus Versace,” said Versace of the Belgian designer, who presented his first Versus collection at September’s New York Fashion Week, which saw Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Jennifer Hudson and Nina Dobrev among the A-listers in the front row.
While M.I.A. and J.W. Anderson have previously designed capsule collections for Versus, it looks like Vaccarello was the only one worth giving a permanent title. We look forward to seeing more of those hip-hugging frocks soon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day