- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Insiders said White was planning a move to CNN so he largely escaped repercussions. When CNN said Thursday, though, that it no longer had an interest in hiring White, his status in the cable news business was up in the air.
That is until Friday, when Shine said: “Chris White will remain employed with Fox News. We’ve addressed the video with the producers and are not going to discuss the internal workings of our programming any further.”
The video that caused the controversy, embedded below, is four minutes long and blames Obama for rising unemployment and inflation, and it was used by liberal commentators as proof of a conservative bias at Fox News.
Others, though, saw the whole affair as much ado about nothing, pointing out similar evidence of bias – though in the opposite direction politically — at MSNBC. Mediaite, for example, posted an anti-Mitt Romney video spoofing the movie The Artist that Chris Matthews aired without controversy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day