- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Long-time CBC comedy exec Anton Leo has bolted to the Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal to head up its TV development arm.
The appointment, unveiled by Just For Laughs Group president Andy Nulman, sees Leo become vp of TV development and production from March 1.
He leaves the CBC after last year being replaced as creative head of comedy by Jenny Hacker, and sidelined as senior executive in charge of production for live comedy.
In the new CBC post, Leo continued to oversee the Just For Laughs TV series that airs on the CBC.
“Now with Anton on our side of the table, I’m looking forward to him driving productions, ideas and people with the same type of vision, insight and class he exhibited as a CBC exec,” Nulman said.
Leo’s remit at Just For Laughs will be developing scripted, reality, game and panel shows, on top of acquiring new properties.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day