- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A statue of Anton Yelchin was unveiled at a service honoring the late actor’s life that was attended by Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence and several of his collaborators in the Star Trek franchise.
Zoe Saldana spoke of her Star Trek co-star during the service Sunday in Los Angeles, which was also attended by Star Trek co-star Simon Pegg and director J.J. Abrams. Saldana and other speakers, including Yelchin’s parents, addressed guests next to several pictures of the actor showing him as a baby, a young boy and from his film career.
Other celebrity guests included actors Emile Hirsch and Jon Voight, and directors Drake Doremus and Jeremy Saulnier.
The bronze statue of Yelchin was unveiled at the “Life Celebration” event and is now open for public viewing in L.A.’s famed Hollywood Forever Cemetery’s Garden of Legends. It was created by sculptor Nick Marra and FX artist Greg Nicotero.
A mural of Yelchin created by fans at a Star Trek convention was also on display at the service.
Yelchin was killed in June 2016 at age 27 when he was pinned by his sport utility vehicle after it rolled down the driveway of his L.A. home.
See photos from the day below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day