- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health,” Jobs said in the email that Apple made public Monday. “I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.”
COO Tim Cook will be responsible for all of Apple’s day to day operations.
“I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can,” Jobs said without detailing his health issues. “In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.”
It is the latest Jobs health scare after he took a medical leave in early 2009. Back then, he spoke of a “hormone imbalance” that was causing him to lose weight. He got a liver transplant during that leave.
Apple is set to report its latest quarterly financials after the market close on Tuesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live