- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following hires from Burberry and YSL, Apple has brought on another major player from the fashion world: Patrick Pruniaux from celebrity-favored watchmaker Tag Heuer.
The New York Times reports that he’ll be joining the Silicon Valley-based company this week in an unspecified role, but it’s likely he’ll be helping with the fall release of the iWatch. Pruniaux will be the third fashion exec to join Apple, following last year’s recruitment of Angela Ahrendts (previous Burberry CEO) and Paul Deneve (former YSL CEO).
Not only is Apple looking to compete with Google and Samsung in the smartwatch game, the tech giant’s latest hire suggests that it’s working its way into the luxury market, too. And with Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz as fans of Tag Heuer watches, it won’t be surprising to see Hollywood embrace the iWatch, especially with Pruniaux’s direction.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day