- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apple has delivered an invitation to a select few members of the tech press.
The location: The Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco. Date and time: September 12 at 10 a.m. And a closer inspection of the shadow cast by the large number 12 on the invite reveals a different number: 5.
What does it all mean? Most agree the event is the big unveiling of the iPhone 5, the long-awaited successor to the communications device that changed the world — and spurred countless imitators.
The new iPhone is buzzed to have a new design that houses a larger, 4-inch display — though, unlike the iPhone 4, Apple has been successful at keeping the prototype under wraps.
Among the other rumored — but far from confirmed — new products that could make their big-stage debut next Wednesday: an iPad mini with a 7.85-inch screen and the all-new iOS 6 operating system.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood