- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Celebrities: They’re obsessed with Apple, just like us.
Today’s announcement – of a new, taller iPhone with a different charging device, and a new iPod to boot – drew reactions from the gamut of celebrities.
Ricky Gervais echoed the sentiment many people shared on the rapid frequency of the device upgrades, tweeting, “Can’t wait for the new iPhone 5. I’ve had this mint condition, perfectly good, antique iPhone 4 for over a year now. Embarrassing.”
Comedian Neal Brennan was none too thrilled with Apple’s new dock connector, saying, “Maybe Apple will get the message when someone hangs themselves with discontinued charger cables.”
Writer/director Richard Kelly commented on the device’s penchant for making people antisocial in real life, saying, “BREAKING: iPhone 5 to feature new ‘Eliminate All Human Contact’ App.”
Actor/comedian Michael Ian Black was disappointed in the lack of “information” from the promo video. “Just watched the new iPhone 5 video. Doesn’t mention whether or not it still sounds like shit,” he quipped.
Lastly, Depressed Darth Vader was, sadly, not impressed. “So the iPhone 5 can’t translate 6 million languages like C-3PO, I’m not interested,” he lamented.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day