- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For eight seasons from 2003 to 2007, Ashton Kutcher made April Fools’ Day last all year on MTV’s Punk’d.
To properly celebrate, THR looks back at the best moments of the greatest television show to ever prank and humble celebrities. Among our favorites: Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and more below.
1. Justin Timberlake’s Lax Taxes
The singer was told he owed $900,000 in back taxes, which led government agents to seize his most prized possessions.
2. Beyonce’s Grinch Incident
The pop performer was framed as the person who single-handedly ruined Christmas for a bunch of children, who hadn’t received gifts in five years. So Hollywood, when asked to place a star on top of a massive tree at Universal CityWalk, don’t do it.
3. Kanye West’s Private Property
Don’t try to interrupt West’s creative process — in any way. He is a very determined individual, as seen when his “Jesus Walks” video shoot was “shut down” by the Los Angeles Film Commission.
4. Kim Kardashian’s Gas Station Stunt
Punk’d was big on staged explosions, but one of the best was when Kim Kardashian is told a superfan stole Scott Disick‘s wallet while at a gas station, and the two reality stars then drive away from the pump with the nozzle still in the car. (Watch below, beginning at 15:01)
5. Taylor Swift’s Wedding Fail
When MTV briefly revived the show in 2012, guest host Justin Bieber pulled a fiery stunt on Swift, resulting in an explosive wedding on the water.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live