- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MAC Cosmetics has announced its 2016 Viva Glam spokeswoman, and considering the string of pop stars who have fronted the annual campaign since it began — Lady Gaga, Cyndi Lauper and Nicki Minaj, to name a few — this year’s name does not come as a big surprise.
In keeping with tradition — in that the person is beautiful, talented and puts on a great show — MAC’s selected star is Ariana Grande, the pint-sized, ponytailed singer best known for her Nickelodeon show Sam & Cat and for her catchy singles.
The pop star follows others, including Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, Ricky Martin, Fergie, Christina Aguilera and Eve, in promoting the mega makeup brand’s program that benefits the MAC AIDS Fund, an effort to make a difference through community outreach for people with HIV/AIDS. Grande’s shades? A sexy matte plum lipstick and a shimmery pink Lipglass, available in January 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day