- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The song was written by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken for the 1991 animated feature Beauty and the Beast and originally sung by actress Angela Lansbury in her role as the voice of the character Mrs. Potts and then rerecorded by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson for the film’s soundtrack. It won an Academy Award, Golden Globe and Grammy Award that year.
Oh My Disney on Wednesday confirmed the new recording, as well as three new songs written by Menken and Tim Rice, who worked together on Aladdin following Ashman’s death in 1991. The new Beauty and the Beast soundtrack is set to be released March 10.
The live-action Beauty and the Beast stars Emma Watson and Dan Stevens as Beauty and the Beast, respectively. Ewan McGregor, Ian McKellen, Stanley Tucci, Audra McDonald and Emma Thompson voice the film’s inanimate characters. Kevin Kline stars as Belle’s father, Luke Evans plays Gaston and Josh Gad appears as sidekick Le Fou. The film is set to hit theaters March 17.
Grande teased the recording session on Tuesday, posting a photo to Instagram with a wilting rose emoji, a nod to the film’s Enchanted Rose.
A photo posted by Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) on
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live