- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The pop star was introduced by Anna Kendrick, who referenced Grande’s “powerful voice.” The performance opened with Grande onstage bathed in blue light. She was accompanied by a piano and 12-person string section.
Throughout the performance, smoke drifted across the stage as her backdrop of vertical blue lights switched to pink, back to blue and then to a lighter teal color. Grande also swapped out her silver and white red-carpet dress for a sleek black number.
See More: Grammys: Best and Worst Moments
The piano-heavy track off of her second album, My Everything, was co-written by One Direction’s Harry Styles and showcases the pint-sized pop star’s vocal abilities by way of some spectacularly high notes. The stripped-down performance also highlighted Grande’s vocal skills.
A first-time Grammy contender this year, Grande went into Sunday night’s show nominated for two awards, best pop vocal album (My Everything) and best pop duo/group performance for “Bang Bang,” her collaboration with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day