- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ariana Grande likes the taste of doughnuts, but she “hates” America and Americans.
In security footage obtained by TMZ, the pop singer was in a doughnut shop and appeared to lick unpurchased doughnuts on a display rack twice while the shop’s employee wasn’t looking.
Grande was accompanied by three friends, and the footage shows her kissing one of the two men, who also appeared to lick one of the doughnuts. Grande laughed out loud after he seemingly licked a doughnut and walked away.
When the shop employee returned with a new tray of doughnuts, Grande asked, “What the f— is that?”
“I hate Americans,” she continued. “I hate America.”
On July 8, the singer issued an apology for her “poor choice of words” in a statement, saying that she is “extremely proud to be an American” and was simply “upset by how freely we as Americans eat and consume things without giving any thought to the consequences that it has on our health and society as a whole.” Read the full statement here.
The footage can be seen below.
July 8, 12:22 p.m. Updated with Ariana Grande’s apology statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Queen of Basketball