- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hours after an explosion outside her Manchester Arena concert, Ariana Grande took to Twitter to write that she was “broken” by the incident. “From the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry,” she continued. “I don’t have words.”
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017
Reports of an explosion in the foyer of the U.K. concert venue came around 10:35 p.m. local time Monday night following Grande’s show. Her rep assured Billboard the pop star was “okay” following the blast, but Greater Manchester Police quickly confirmed that there were fatalities and injuries at the scene.
In an early Tuesday morning press conference, police said the explosion is being treated as a likely “terrorist incident.”
Later on Tuesday, the Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the suicide attack, which has left 22 people dead and 59 injured.
Story developing here.
A version of this article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day