- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Armie Hammer is set to star in a fast-tracked thriller from Annapurna Pictures, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Iranian filmmaker Babak Anvari (Under the Shadow) will write and direct the feature that follows a New Orleans bartender whose life starts to unravel as a series of disturbing and inexplicable events happen after he picks up a phone left behind at his bar.
Lucan Toh of Two & Two Pictures and Christopher Kopp of AZA Films will produce along with Megan Ellison’s Annapurna, which has already slated the film for a March 29, 2019, release.
Hammer, who can currently be seen in awards contender Call Me by Your Name, was recently at the Sundance Film Festival to promote Boots Riley’s Sorry to Bother You, starring alongside Tessa Thompson and Lakeith Stanfield. Annapurna acquired that film out of the fest.
He is repped by WME and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day