- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An arrest warrant has been obtained for actress Rose McGowan for felony possession of a controlled substance. The felony charge stems from a police investigation of personal belongings left behind on a United flight arriving at Washington Dulles International Airport on Jan. 20.
Police say the items tested positive for narcotics. The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Department obtained the warrant on Feb. 1. Police say they’ve attempted to contact McGowan so she can appear in a Loudoun County, Virginia, court.
The warrant has been entered into a national law enforcement database. McGowan has been one of the leading voices against sexual harassment in Hollywood, and tweeted earlier this month that she was raped by a man with the initials “HW.”
The Hollywood Reporter said McGowan confirmed she was referring to disgraced media mogul Harvey Weinstein.
McGowan seemingly tweeted about the incident earlier Monday morning, writing, “Are they trying to silence me? There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia. What a load of HORSESHIT.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day