- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Art Garfunkel went AWOL on a pair of performances scheduled for Sept. 28 and 29 in Sweden.
According to Sydsvenskan, Sweden’s daily newspaper, the singer was a no-show at concerts booked in Gothenborg and Malmo, but failed to give proper notice to promoter Julius Malmström.
“This is bad form,” Malmstrom reportedly told the publication, acknowledging that Garfunkel was under the weather. “He seemed fit but not completely happy with his voice. … But if you are sick then you need to go to the doctor and get a certificate for your employer.”
Indeed, according to Garfunkel’s rep, the singer, one-half of revered folk duo Simon and Garfunkel, was suffering from “an unforeseen vocal issue” and “was forced to cancel two shows in Sweden over the weekend. He’s currently back in New York, recovering.”
Garfunkel has been performing with the “Night of the Proms” tour, which also features Anastacia and John Miles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day