- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS — The Artist star Berenice Bejo will be back at the Cannes Film Festival as mistress of ceremonies, French press reported Wednesday.
The festival told The Hollywood Reporter that there was “no comment” and that fest topper Thierry Fremaux would not confirm or deny the myriad rumors of juries, lineups and visiting guests circulating across the globe the day before the Official Selection is announced.
The festival’s official announcement of the 2012 juries and lineup will take place Thursday during a late-morning press conference in Paris.
French newspaper Le Parisien reported that Bejo was poised to open and close the festival. The Oscar-nominated, Cesar-winning actress wouldn’t be a surprise pick to return to the Grand Palais theater for the festival’s traditional opening and closing ceremonies after wowing audiences with her performance in Michel Hazanavicius’ black-and-white breakout hit in competition in 2011.
Bejo would follow actresses Kristin Scott Thomas, Monica Bellucci, Diane Kruger and last year’s host Melanie Laurent.
Le Parisien also reported that Jacques Audiard‘s Rust and Bone, starring Marion Cotillard, is a sure bet for the selection, while the other French titles vying for top spots in the lineup are a gamble.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day