- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Uggie, the limelight-courting Jack Russell terrier who became a fixture on the Hollywood scene during last year’s awards-season campaign on behalf of best picture Oscar winner The Artist, has added another date to his farewell tour as he approaches his impending retirement.
Although his trainer Omar Von Muller had said that the perky pooch’s appearance on February’s Oscar show would be his last hurrah, Uggie will make one more curtain call at 10 a.m. June 25 at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre to plant his paws in its fabled cement.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, which is releasing The Artist on Blu-ray and DVD on June 26, is hosting the event billed as a retirement party, at which the canine celebrity is scheduled to arrive by fire engine. Duff Goldman, the pastry chef featured on Food Network’s Ace of Cakes, also will be on hand, bringing with him a cake in the shape of a fire hydrant.
Of course, showbiz performers are notorious for announcing their retirements only to then stage inevitable comeback appearances, so it’s a safe bet Uggie’s career is only playing dead.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day