- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers will present KISS with the ASCAP Founders Award at the 32nd annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards April 29 at Loews Hollywood Hotel.
KISS, whose performers adopt the personas Starchild, Demon, Spaceman and Cat, have sold over 100 million albums, were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2013, and are continuing their 40th anniversary world tour. Past Founders Award recipients include Joni Mitchell, Patti Smith, Carly Simon, Annie Lennox, Ann and Nancy Wilson, and Paul McCartney.
The Doobie Brothers will be awarded the ASCAP Voice of Music Award for giving voice to the spirit of a generation. Their 2014 album Southbound features their best-loved songs in duet with Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, and other country superstars.
Singer-songwriter St. Vincent will receive the ASCAP Vanguard Award. St. Vincent released a debut album Marry Me in 2007, the David Byrne collaboration Love This Giant in 2012, and an eponymous 2014 album that won the 2015 Grammy for best alternative album.
The ASCAP Pop Music Awards will be followed by the 10th annual ASCAP I Create Music Expo running April 30-May 2, also at Loews.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day