- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ROME – Organizers of the Capri, Hollywood Film Fest said Monday that the event would honor the cast of John Wells‘ star-studded dramatic comedy August: Osage County with the festival’s best acting ensemble prize.
The film will have its Italian premiere at the festival Dec. 30, just before the awards ceremony. The film, which opens in the U.S. on Christmas Day, will go into wide release in Italy on Feb. 6, 2014.
August: Osage County, which tells the tale of a group of women who return to their native Oklahoma after a family crisis and is based on an award-winning Broadway hit from Tracy Letts, features a deep cast that includes Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts and Ewan McGregor.
The film’s ensemble cast was previously honored at the Hollywood Film Awards in October.
The film joins a Capri, Hollywood lineup that already includes Steve McQueen‘s 12 Years a Slave and American Hustle from David O. Russell. The festival’s full lineup will be announced later this month.
The 18-year-old Capri, Hollywood event, which takes place on the picturesque island of Capri, straddles two years each time around, starting Dec. 27 and concluding Jan. 2, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day