- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
State and federal authorities in California are investigating a suspicious package sent to Sen. Kamala Harris, according to multiple reports.
A post office in Sacramento is currently closed with a large number of authorities on scene, social media posts from local reporters show.
An FBI Evidence Response Team, bomb technicians and the Sacramento County sheriff’s bomb squad are on scene, according to photos. The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department tweeted on Friday that there was “police activity” where the post office is located.
Several explosive devices have been mailed around the country to prominent Democrats and CNN, among others.
Friday morning, a suspect was arrested in Florida. Those targeted by the bomber included the Clintons, the Obamas and former Vice President Joe Biden.
#DEVELOPING Most of the activity at Colonial Station post office in Sacramento appears to be down a side street, to the rear of the facility where @ABC news has confirmed suspicious package addressed to @KamalaHarris was discovered this morning. pic.twitter.com/ngOFWKeIUT
— Laura Anthony (@LauraAnthony7) October 26, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day