- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Having conquered comic books and movies, Marvel Entertainment is turning its collective attention to video games, announcing a new multiyear, multi-game partnership with Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider publisher Square Enix Thursday morning.
Details of the partnership remain mostly under wraps, although it was revealed that the first game will feature the Avengers and be constructed by Crystal Dynamics, developers of the current Tomb Raider games, with Eidos-Montreal, makers of the Deus Ex franchise.
A trailer for that first title, referred to in Marvel’s official statement repeatedly as “The Avengers project,” accompanied today’s announcement.
“The Avengers project is a perfect example of how Marvel is making games a key part of the landscape for Marvel storytelling, alongside comics, television and film,” said Jay Ong, senior vp games and innovation at Marvel Entertainment, in a statement. “We can only do this by matching our greatest Super Heroes with the world’s top developers, such as the creative minds at Square Enix.”
More details about the Avengers project, and future games from this partnership, will come in 2018, according to Marvel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day