- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AwesomenessTV has hired Kelly Day as its first chief digital officer.
Day was previously CEO of Blip Networks, an online video developer and distributor that Maker Studios acquired in September 2013. At the time Maker, one of YouTube’s largest partners, said Day would remain involved with the company as an advisor.
Before Blip, Day led the digital media and commerce business for Discovery Communications. She was also previously VP e-commerce for wedding company The Knot.
Day will oversee AwesomenessTV’s multichannel network on YouTube and will increase distribution of AwesomenessTV properties on other digital platforms and in international markets. She will report to COO Brett Bouttier.
“Kelly has a strong track record for building multi-platform brands and businesses, which makes her invaluable as we expand AwesomenessTV into new areas,” said AwesomenessTV CEO Brian Robbins. “We have an ambitious growth strategy planned for 2014, and Kelly will play a key role on our growing senior management team.
DreamWorks Animation acquired AwesomenessTV in 2013 for $33 million in cash with possible additional payments of up to $117 million. In addition to a YouTube multichannel network aimed at teens, AwesomenessTV also develops content for film and television.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day