- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An Awkward actress has landed a lead role in an indie film centered on relationships.
Jillian Rose Reed, who plays Jenna’s best friend Tamara on the MTV comedy series, has been cast as the love interest in Confessions of a Womanizer, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Confessions of a Womanizer centers on Ritchie Salvador, who is emotionally unavailable towards women, has no patience for what a relationship entails and does not understand why he has to be in one in order to have “great sex.” During his journey, Ritchie discovers that an honest and trusting relationship is key to a fulfilling sex life — and time will tell whether he’ll learn his lesson.
Reed will play Megan, described as a sweet and cute young woman Ritchie meets at a diner. At first, she resists his advances but soon falls for his charm. Megan is deemed Ritchie’s first real relationship, though he only sees her as another conquest.
Muhammad Miguel Ali Hasan will direct from a screenplay he penned. Hasan, Gary Quick, Matt Pena and Erick Crespo will produce the indie.
Reed, whose series Awkward was renewed for a supersized third season, is repped by Discover Management and Buckwald/Fortitude.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day