- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Babylon Berlin producer Beta Film and Red Bull Media House, the production unit of the soft drink and extreme sports group, are teaming for The Net, an ambitious drama series set in the world of international soccer.
The project is planned as five stand-alone but connected drama series, each consisting of eight episodes and set to follow different characters linked by the global world of soccer including a referee, a sports doctor, a young prospect drafted from Africa and and an anti-corruption lawyer.
Billed as an examination of the dark side of soccer, The Net aims to portray not just the luxury and glamour but also the world of corruption, organized crime, doping and money laundering that have tainted the modern game.
Based on a concept from Matthias Hartmann and Plinio Bachmann, the project is currently being shopped to local producers and broadcasters, with advance negotiations with partners in Italy and German-speaking Europe.
Shooting on The Net is scheduled to start in 2019 or 2020.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day