- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bad Santa 2, the follow-up to the raunchy comedy Bad Santa, will hit theaters Nov. 23, 2016.
Broad Green Pictures will release the sequel domestically. Dimension released the 2003 original, which became a cult hit and earned $76 million worldwide.
Miramax and Broad Green are co-producing and co-financing the latest outing, which sees Billy Bob Thornton returning as Willie Soke, the most poorly behaved man to don a Santa suit. Tony Cox and Brett Kelly will reprise their roles as Marcus and The Kid, respectively, and Kathy Bates is onboard as Soke’s mom.
Mark Waters will direct from a screenplay by Johnny Rosenthal, Doug Ellin and Shauna Cross.
Geyer Kosinski and Andrew Gunn are producing.
Miramax’s Zanne Devine and David Thwaites are executive producing alongside Broad Green’s Gabriel and Daniel Hammond, Waters, Jessica Tuchinsky, Ellin and Adam Fields.
Bad Santa 2 is set to open against Universal’s The Great Wall, Disney’s Moana and Paramount’s untitled Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard romance drama.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day