- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Balmain-fringed handbag and earrings priced together for $14.99?
According to WWD, digital closets on Kardashian’s game — launched in partnership with Glu Mobile — are getting a major upgrade courtesy of the designer, whose virtual interpretations of pieces from his fall 2015 ready-to-wear men’s and women’s collections were integrated into the game last December. Now, Rousteing is the first designer to launch pieces exclusively for the platform, including the accessories bundle (also available for 105 K-stars in the game’s online currency).
“The pieces are composed of opulent fabrics like velvet and fringe that recall design elements from the Fall 2015 RTW Balmain collection,” Rousteing, who also makes a virtual cameo on the game as the leader of the Balmain Army, tells WWD. “While these products don’t current exist IRL, or in real life, it’s a possibility down the line.”
Read more Stefano Pilati Parting Ways With Zegna
The fashion trade also reports that 20,000 players acquired at least one virtual piece of Balmain in its first month on the game.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day