- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Supermodel Bar Refaeli has once again been deemed too steamy for Israeli audiences, this time with a Muppet by her side.
A local TV commercial for fashion brand Hoodies, which debuted Sunday in the holy land, has been limited to air only past primetime, Walla! Israel news website reported Sunday. Governmental council The Second Authority for Television and Radio reviewed the 54-second spot and concluded it has “too many sexual insinuations,” banning it from airing before 10 p.m.
The commercial features the 28-year-old former Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover girl as the object of puppet Red Orbach’s sexual fantasies. The character of Red Orbach emerged locally from an all-puppet classic rock group called Red Band and his stereotypical persona is that of an aging 1960s American rocker. Throughout the commercial, multiple Refaelis are shown washing a car in a suggestive manner and playing strip poker with the purple puppet.
This past year, Red Orbach co-hosted late-night The Red & Dvir Show with actor Dvir Benedek on Channel 2’s franchiser ReshetBroadcasting. Refaeli has recently completed her own hosting duties on season 1 of The X Factor Israel, also on Reshet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day