- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ratings for talent competition programs may be fading in some territories, but Israeli audiences can’t seem to get enough of them.
The X Factor, the Simon Cowell format co-produced and co-owned by Cowell’s Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia, launched on Israel’s Reshet TV this weekend to a huge 42.9 percent total share, with a total of 1.1 million viewers tuning in.
The audience for the show, hosted by supermodel Bar Refaeli, even exceeded the massive ratings for homegrown talent format Rising Star, produced by Keshet TV.
In addition to Refaeli, the Israeli X Factor judging panel includes Israeli pop star Ivri Lider, singer and actress Shiri Maimon, rocker Rami Fortis and singer Moshe Peretz.
Israeli fans of the music competition format won’t have to wait long for their next fix. The Voice Israel returns for a third season later this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day