- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Southside With You, which premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival to positive reviews from The Hollywood Reporter, follows a young Barack and Michelle Obama on their first date in Chicago in 1989. In honor of the film trailer’s release last month, we’re looking back at old-school snapshots of the president and first lady, from their college years to their wedding day. Southside With You hits theaters Aug. 19 — but first, take a gander at their throwback photos below.
How cute is a young Michelle Obama in a yellow dress with matching hair bow and white gloves? The White House posted the image in honor of the first lady’s 50th birthday in 2014.
Barack Obama was perfectly preppy in a blue and yellow striped tie and blazer, walking in his high school graduation ceremony in 1979.
The future president of the United States was casual in jeans and a button up on Harvard’s campus after he was named head of the Harvard Law Review in 1990.
President Obama donned a turtleneck and leather bomber jacket on campus at Harvard University in 1992, where he attended law school.
Michelle Obama posted a sweet snap of the young couple in celebration of the president’s birthday in 2013.
The couple celebrated 23 years of marriage in October 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day