- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Organizers are hoping to sell up to 1000 tickets — ranging from $250 to $500 — for the afternoon event that will be held at the estate of soap opera mogul Bradley Bell and his wife Colleen.
The Foo Fighters have been big Obama supporters since 2008. They played a concert at the White House for military families on July 4, 2009. And in November, the band’s lead singer Dave Grohl told Red Bulletin that he was “absolutely” supporting the president’s bid for a second term.
“He’s got the toughest job on earth,” Grohl said. “I would hate to hand the administration over to another party that is just focused on corporations, greed and money. You know, I’m a fun, peace-loving guy, but sometimes the right wing gets a little too selfish.”
After the concert on their lawn, the Bells are holding a $35,800-per-person dinner inside their historic manse for the president. Actor Will Ferrell is a co-host of that event.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day