- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Dec. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
The keeper of the James Bond franchise is known as a master negotiator, a skill she’ll need to employ once again in the coming months. The latest James Bond film, Spectre, which had earned $751 million worldwide as of Dec. 3, is the last in Sony’s two-picture deal with MGM and Eon, and now every studio is clamoring to get ahold of the billion-dollar franchise.
Broccoli, who with her half brother Michael G. Wilson has been overseeing the world of 007 since 1995’s Goldeneye, also will have to figure out whether she’ll need to find a new leading man — Spectre star Daniel Craig, who came off a bit bristly in media interviews for the $250 million film, is not committed to wearing the Bond tux again. In the meantime, she’s producing Broadway and West End productions including Chariots of Fire and Once, and such indie fare as The Silent Storm with Damian Lewis.
Other Power Squad honorees: Shari Redstone, Bonnie Hammer, Elizabeth Banks, Cindy Holland, Kathleen Kennedy, Donna Langley, Nancy Dubuc, Jennifer Lawrence, Dana Walden, Megyn Kelly, Shonda Rhimes, Viola Davis, Kerry Washington, Ilene Chaiken, Taraji P. Henson, Amy Schumer
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day