- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katzenberg, MPTF board member and chairman of the MPTF Foundation, aims to raise $350 million for the charity, which provides financial support and services to members of the entertainment industry.
“Seems impossible to me to have had success in the entertainment industry and not strongly support the MPTF,” Diller said in a statement. “I’m just glad and happy to be able to do so.”
Katzenberg praised the Diller-von Furstenberg Family Foundation, which the IAC mogul founded with partner Diane von Furstenberg, for providing grants to the MPTF.
“This incredible pledge now insures that these services will be there forever and we are grateful to Barry for honoring the legacy of caring for our own in such a significant way,” he said.
Katzenberg’s co-MPTF board member George Clooney announced Tuesday’s Diller donation, saying: “It is estimated that over 75,000 industry members will be retiring over the next ten years and this campaign will help insure that MPTF will remain a vital part of the safety net of care for our industry at a time that state and federal programs are coming under such great stress.”
Diller, meanwhile, is engaged in a legal dispute with TV networks over the legality of Aereo, an Internet streaming service in which he’s invested.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day