- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Barry Levinson is coming on board to direct Gotti: Three Generations, the crime saga in which John Travolta will star.
Levinson will take over for Nick Cassavetes, who was originally to have helmed the Fiore Films’ production, but bowed out last month because of scheduling conflicts.
The project, written by Leo Rossi, has the blessing of John Gotti Jr. and will explore the relationship between John Gotti Sr., the head of the Gambino crime family, and his son. Producers include Marc Fiore as producer and Marty Ingels as exec producer.
Travolta has been tapped to play Gotti Sr., and the developing cast also includes John Pesci as Gotti Sr.’s Angelo Ruggiero and Lindsay Lohan as John Gotti Jr.’s wife Kim.
Levinson, repped by ICM, most recently directed HBO’s You Don’t Know Jack and the ecological horror tale The Bay, which Lionsgate will release later this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day