- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW DELHI — Discovery Asia on Tuesday announced the promotion of Saurindra Kumar Barua to regional CFO and vp of Discovery Asia and India.
New Delhi-based Barua, who was previously vp finance for Discovery India, will shortly relocate to the network’s Singapore headquarters where he will oversee financial management and budgeting activities in Asia and India.
Barua will continue to report to Discovery Networks India managing director Deepak Shourie and will additionally report to Discovery Asia managing director Tom Keaveny.
“Raj’s longstanding commitment to Discovery India, along with his expertise and knowledge of our businesses in India and Asia, makes him the ideal choice to partake this new consolidated role,” Shourie said.
At Discovery India, Barua also was involved with distribution activities such as Discovery’s OneAlliance distribution joint venture with Sony Entertainment Television.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day