- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Strong is heading to the battlefield.
The English actor will voice the prologue and epilogue of EA Dice’s upcoming World War II shooter Battlefield V. The new game is the 16th entry in the long-running first-person shooter series and is a follow-up to 2016’s Battlefield 1.
As the game features multiple single-player stories that focus on various missions and aspects of World War II, Strong’s narration provides a central voice that weaves the disparate plotlines together.
Strong is no stranger to the video game arena, having voiced roles in 2011’s Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine and 2013’s Total War: Rome II. The actor was also revealed to be part of the star-studded cast of the upcoming sci-fi game Squadron 42 alongside Gary Oldman, Sophie Wu, Gillian Anderson, Andy Serkis, Ben Mendelsohn and Henry Cavill.
The Battlefield series launched in 2002 with Battlefield 1942. Since then, the series has featured war-torn tableaus from World War I to World War II to Vietnam to the far future of the 22nd century. The franchise is among the most successful in all of gaming, having sold over 60 million copies in its lifetime.
Battlefield V is available on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on Nov. 20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day