- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
U.K. broadcaster Channel 4 announced Monday that it had commissioned a second season of The Island With Bear Grylls, the survival-skills reality show hosted by Grylls, the British adventurer and TV presenter who recently landed a new show with Discovery.
The new season will feature two islands — one for men and one for women — with the two groups completely separate throughout the process. Two individual series will be made following each group as they attempt to survive and will be broadcast alongside each other on Channel 4 in 2015.
The announcement also included a slew of other commissions made by the channel. Celebrity winter-sports-themed reality show The Jump, which averaged 2.4 million viewers earlier in 2014, is returning for a second season next year, as is street magic show Troy.
Among the new concepts coming to screens is an as-yet-untitled travel series with Richard Ayoade, the British TV comedy star and director of The Double and Submarine. Ayoade, described as an “eternal pessimist,” will visit some of the most aspirational destinations across Europe and wonder why anyone would ever want to go there.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day