- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A blush pink Valentino Haute Couture gown designed by creative directors Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli and made of chiffon and gold-flecked lace.
The Wearer: Italian aristocrat Beatrice Borromeo.
Read more This Is Why You Should Be Meditating
The Event: The first of two royal wedding ceremonies for Borromeo’s marriage to Pierre Casiraghi (grandson of Grace Kelly and son of Princess Caroline of Monaco) on July 25 at the Prince’s Palace of Monaco. The second religious ceremony will take place Aug. 1 on the Borromean Islands. (Yes, those would be the islands that her family owns.)
Why We Dig: Though most royal weddings involve heavy ball gowns often larger than the brides themselves, Borromeo was able to stay down-to-earth in a simple yet elegant gown. Bohemian touches including her floral headpiece, loose, natural waves and a small, understated bouquet made for the perfect look for the civil ceremony, while the gown’s color — a blush-hued pink — made a statement in itself as the surprising deviation from traditional white.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
State of the Union