- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Smallville’s Kristin Kreuk is heading back to the CW.
The Canadian actress best known for playing Lana Lang for close to a decade has been tapped to star in the younger-skewing network’s Beauty and the Beast. The project, loosely based on the 1980s CBS series of the same name, is a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.??
In addition to penning the CBS Television Studios pilot, Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper will serve as executive producers alongside Paul J. Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Ron Koslow and Bill Haber. Gary Fleder is on board to direct the pilot.
Kreuk, whose other credits include an arc on NBC’s Chuck and a star turn in Sundance film Vampire, is repped by Gersh and Pacific Artists Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”