- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s a tale as old as time: There is a new most-viewed trailer within the first 24 hours of its release.
The first official trailer for Beauty and the Beast was viewed 127.6 million times in one day following its debut Monday, according to Disney.
It dethrones Fifty Shades Darker (114 million views), which previously unseated Star Wars: The Force Awakens (112 million views) for the most views across all digital platforms — YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. — in the first day of its release.
The Beauty and the Beast trailer had 9.8 million views on YouTube, while gaining 29 million views on Facebook and 27 million views coming from actress Emma Watson’s page.
Back in May, the teaser trailer for the Bill Condon-directed live-action feature debuted and racked up 91.8 million views.
Beauty and the Beast stars Watson and Dan Stevens as the title characters, while Ewan McGregor, Ian McKellen, Stanley Tucci, Audra McDonald and Emma Thompson voice the film’s vast variety of home and kitchen wares.
Beauty and the Beast is set to hit theaters March 17.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis