- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anna Fricke is laying down roots at 20th Century Fox Television.
The Being Human showrunner has inked a new overall deal at the studio responsible for such shows as Modern Family, Bones and Family Guy. As part of her two-year pact, Fricke will become the showrunner of Fox’s ambitious straight-to-series ancient Egypt drama Hieroglyph as well as create, develop and produce new programming for 20th TV.
“Anna’s a spectacular writer and showrunner who can literally do it all — from big genre shows like Being Human to more intimate character pieces like Men in Trees — and we are thrilled to be in business with her exclusively,” said 20th TV chairman and CEO Gary Newman.
He added: “We’re enormous fans of her work and she’s the perfect person to run the ambitious Hieroglyph, which is a major priority for both our studio and [Fox Broadcasting Company]. The combination of Travis Beacham’s very unique vision for this show with Anna’s wealth of experience makes for about as great a creative pairing as you could imagine.”
The writer-producer, whose small-screen credits also include the WB’s Everwood, is repped by UTA and attorney Patti Felker of Felker Toczek.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day