- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Rick Brace continues to put his stamp on Bell Media with a major realignment of its cable channel management.
Last week, Joanna Webb left the Canadian broadcaster less than a year after joining as senior vp of programming.
That departure opened the way Wednesday for Brace, president of specialty TV and CTV production, to promote Catherine MacLeod to vp of specialty TV, while Sally Basmajian will now run The Comedy Network, Comedy Gold, SPACE, and Bravo! as vp and general manager of comedy and drama.
And Neil Staite has been promoted to vp and general manager of music and entertainment, overseeing MuchMusic, MuchMore, MTV, MTV2, E! and FashionTelevisionChannel.
Brace said: “These appointments ensure we have strong brand champions who provide demonstrated leadership, vision, experience and creativity to their respective groups.”
Webb left rival Corus Entertainment in October 2010 to join then CTVglobemedia, just before the broadcaster was acquired by phone giant BCE and rebranded as Bell Media.
Brace said he will make additional executive announcements in the near future as he continues to shake up the BCE-era cable channel management team.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day