- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Throughout her time on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Yolanda Foster — wife of David Foster — has been vocal about battling Lyme disease. But until last night, when she was presented with the “Power of One” award at the Global Lyme Alliance’s inaugural gala, no one knew her youngest children, Bella and Anwar Hadid, were also suffering from the chronic disease.
Apparently they were all diagnosed in 2012, but while Foster took her fight public, she said, “watching my babies struggle in silence in order to support me in my journey struck the deepest core of hopelessness inside of me.”
After her eldest, Gigi Hadid, introduced her mom, Foster used her acceptance speech to apologize to her kids for letting the disease short-change them “with a dumb blonde in the white robe that mostly lives her life in bed.” She promised to go to the ends of the earth to find a cure.
Gigi also spoke to Entertainment Tonight about being the only one in the family not affected by Lyme disease, saying, “What’s been hardest for me is just trying to find a way to be their hope and kind of be a strength for them, even with the disease that I can’t understand fully because I haven’t been through it.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day