- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Weeknd enlisted model Chanel Iman for his last music video, “Can’t Feel My Face,” but for his newest he cast the model closest to him: his girlfriend, Bella Hadid. The cinematic six-minute video for “In the Night” is the first time the pair have worked together, but coincidentally the singer once told Rolling Stone that he actually asked Hadid to work with him years ago, before they were dating, but back then she turned him down.
Fortunately she was into this job, because we can’t imagine anyone playing the part better. Hadid’s character is an exotic dancer, but a really beautiful, chic one. Her hair is sleek and her makeup is so radiant she manages to make bright blue eyeshadow look sophisticated. Her wardrobe has more than a few covetable items, including studded Alexander Wang creepers, several bodysuits and a red leather jacket.
As for the storyline of the video, which was directed by the duo BRTHR in Brooklyn, it involves some shady characters and quite a bit of blood — but don’t worry, it’s not Hadid or her boyfriend spilling it. Let’s just say she’s a bit of a badass. Perhaps the model should consider more acting gigs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day