- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Indie producer Manis Film announced that the picture will also feature Frank Grillo (Zero Dark Thirty) and Aaron Tveit (Les Miserables). Shooting begins this week in New Mexico.
Based on an original screenplay by Evan Wiener (Monogamy), Big Sky is described as a “neo-Hitchcockian thriller” that turns on a mother and daughter who are forced to fight for their lives under harsh conditions.
Manis is producing with Matthew Salloway and Christina Papagjika (The Butler). Executive producers are Killer Films’ Christine Vachon (Mildred Pierce) and TBD Syndicate’s Jeffrey Mandel (Murderball). Benaroya Pictures is co-financing the film.
Voltage Pictures (The Hurt Locker) is representing foreign rights, with Creative Artists Agency and Manis co-representing domestic.
Grau wrote and directed the original Spanish-language horror movie Somos lo que Hay (We Are What We Are) and co-wrote the recent English-lingo remake, directed by Jim Mickle.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day