- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Ben Folds Five is back in the studio.
The singer and pianist announced on Twitter that he and bandmates Robert Sledge and Darren Jessee are currently working on a fourth Ben Folds Five album, and that fans can expect a spring release.
“It’s happening fo sho – Day 1 in studio with Robert and Darren through March,” the musician wrote, adding the hashtag: #NewBenFoldsFiveRecord.
The album will be the group’s first since 1999’s The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner, their third studio album. Shortly following its release, the trio announced a split in 2000. Following the band’s breakup, Folds pursued a solo career including several releases — perhaps most notably, 2001’s Rockin’ the Suburbs. In 2010, Folds released a collaborative album with English novelist Nick Hornby titled Lonely Avenue.
Details regarding Ben Folds Five’s next album are still sparse, but are expected to be forthcoming via the singer’s Twitter page.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Prince Harry a No-Show on First Day of London Tabloid Trial, Set to Become First Royal to Testify in 130 Years
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Warns of the Danger of Speculating About Someone’s Sexuality
The Partridge Family
Danny Bonaduce Says He’s Getting Brain Surgery Following Neurological Disorder Diagnosis