- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The company is selling tickets to a finale viewing party — during which the new flavor will be unveiled — set to take place Thursday night at Latitude Bar & Lounge in New York.
“What’s the flavor, you ask?! Well, you’ll just have to join us to find out … our lips — and our pints — are sealed until the finale,” the announcement reads.
Ben & Jerry’s also is encouraging revelers to come dressed as their favorite 30 Rock character, with the winner getting a year’s supply of ice cream and frozen yogurt.
Proceeds from ticket sales will go to a charity that will be announced during the event.
Incidentally, this isn’t the first Ben & Jerry’s flavor inspired by something associated with 30 Rock star Alec Baldwin. In 2011, the company debuted a limited-edition ice cream flavor dubbed “Schweddy Balls,” which was inspired by the punchline of a Saturday Night Live skit starring Baldwin.
One Million Moms called for a boycott and labeled the combination of vanilla ice cream and fudge-covered rum and malt balls “vulgar” and “repulsive.” Some supermarket chains declined to carry the flavor.
The hourlong series finale of 30 Rock airs at 8 p.m. Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day