- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Written and directed by Douglas McGrath (Emma, Infamous) and inspired by true events, Brooklyn Bridge has already snared Daniel Radcliffe for the lead. The Harry Potter star is set to play brilliant but inexperienced civil engineer Washington Roebling, who oversaw the building of the Brooklyn Bridge in the second half of the 19th century, based on a design by his father, John A. Roebling. Kingsley will play Roebling Sr., while Larson plays Emily Roebling, the wife of Radcliffe’s character.
“This is a film that distributors are really excited about,” said Goldcrest Films managing director Pascal Degove. “That this enthusiasm is shared by a highly commercial blend of acclaimed contemporary talent and acting royalty is really a testament to Doug’s script and his extraordinary strength as a filmmaker.”
Goldcrest Films will finance, distribute and sell international rights to the project, which will be produced by Christine Vachon for Killer Films and Rose Ganguzza.
Brooklyn Bridge is set to be shot in spring, with further casting announcements anticipated.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live